top of page
Fri, Mar 18|
Meet at Cle Elum Safeway
Moses Lake Sand Dunes Overland Camping Adventure
Come join us on the Moses Lake Sand Dunes for a fun sand dune wheeling adventure!
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Mar 18, 2022, 7:00 PM – Mar 20, 2022, 3:00 PM
Meet at Cle Elum Safeway, 804 W 1st St, Cle Elum, WA 98922, USA
About The Event
- MEET UP WEST SIDE: Our meetup location for anyone coming from the Seattle area will be Cle Elum Safeway parking lot Friday March 18th at 7:00pm. (See Meet Up Location).
- MEET UP EAST SIDE: We will then head from Cle ELum Safeway to a second meet-up spot for anyone coming from the East side of the mountains at Half Sun Mini Market Parking lot in Moses Lake on Friday March 18th at 8:45pm.
- COMMUNICATIONS: WE will either be on FRS channel 6 or 16 for radio communication. We will head to the sand dunes from the second meet-up location.
- CAMP SPOT: The camp spot for Friday night will be decided upon arrival to the Sand Dunes. Saturday we will have all day to have fun and do all the wheeling/Adventuring we want. Staying in a group is recommended for any possible recovery situation.
NOTE: A Sand Whip (Red or Orange Flag) is required. These Can be purchased on amazon and usually at ORV shops.
Sunday we will pack up and head home in the afternoon.
For anyone just joining for the day on Saturday or later Friday night feel free to text me (Nick Haustein) at (509)421-1193 and I will send a google maps pin drop for the camp location. There will be cell phone service at the sand dunes.
- Camping Restrictions Moses Lake Sand Dunes are open for camping and recreating. Please follow the rules and regulations that are posted at each entrance and throughout the dunes.
- Conditions & Requirements: Brakes and Brake-lights, Current License Plate or ORV Tag, Head-lights and tail-lights are required during the hours of darkness Per Grant County Code 11.30.030.
- PLEASE READ FOR SAFETY SAKE: Grant County Code 11.30.030: "Any ATV, ORV, or any other vehicle (excluding motorcycles) must be equipped with a flag for added visibility in a bright red or brilliant orange color, measuring at least forty-eight inches square, mounted on a pole placing the flag a minimum of one hundred eight inches above the ground when the vehicle is stationary. Such flag shall be displayed as to be visible from all directions, maintaining nearly all of the required height when the vehicle is in motion. No child under 16 years of age may operate and ORV without adult supervision as specified by RCW.46.09.460 and the adult must possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle Helmet use per RCW.46.09.470 (3)(a):Except for an off-road vehicle equipped with seat belts and roll bars or an enclosed passenger compartment, it is a traffic infraction for any person to operate or ride an off-road vehicle on a nonhighway road without wearing upon his or her head a motorcycle helmet fastened securely while in motion For purposes of this section, motorcycle helmet has the same meaning as provided in RCW 46.37.530 A working muffling system (emitting no more than 105 decibels at 20 feet) with a USFS Approved Spark Arrester that is stamped into the metal on motorcycle mufflers and is clearly visible Areas, Conditions & Laws Under Which You Are Not Allowed To Ride Canals: Riding along canals is prohibited, these roads are for maintenance and canal operations; if you are on them, you are guilty of trespassing Roadways: Only licensed street vehicles may ride on, cross or ride the shoulders/ditches of roadways."
Nick Haustein - Event Organizer - (509)421-1193
MOSES LAKE SAND DUNES CAMPING
bottom of page