ADVENTURE TRAVEL ENTHUSIASTS DEDICATED TO OVERLAND EXPLORATION
I've learned a lot from scoping out other people's rigs - its a great way to gather ideas. Here is the lowdown on 'Clarence', my blue 2016 Tacoma 'Off Road' DCSB.
1. Dual battery system with a RedArc charge controller, wired for solar (I've never used solar)
2. Wiring runs to front and rear bumper for a winch (don't have one yet)
3. Fuse block in passenger side bed 'cubby' for power in the truck bed
4. DIY cupboards and drawer system with a 'split' bed slider
5. Radio cupboard with dedicated APRS radio, Kenwood dual-bander and an Android tablet
6. Full set of steel Mobtown skids (heavvvvvvy)
7. OME coils and struts with a heavy rear leaf pack - about a 3 inch lift
8. 15 gallon water tank with an on-demand pump integrated into the drawer system
9. ARB single stage compressor, integrated into drawer system
10. Dometic fridge in the bed on a slider
11. Hardshell 'Doom' tent from Tacomaworld.com group buy
12. Prinsu rack fitted with low profile LED rock lights ($6 on AMZN) for camp lighting
12.5 CaliRaised 30 in light bar on the front of roof rack
13. AluCab canopy
14. Too many pinstripes to count....
Okay, now we need a photo of the communications cabinet.
Yeah, I will say the communications cabinet is pretty trick :-)
I was scoping out your radio cabinet on our Colockum trip. Pretty snazzy