I want to start a project page on my ongoing work on my XJ rig. I'll start with this post on new winch install.
Well, after winning the new Comeup winch at the ralley the end of June, I finally got it installed today! I had to modify my bumper and with the help of a shoe horn and a good amount of some slippery stuff, we got it in. Now I get to strip off all the rope and wind it back up under load so it fits nice and tight. I had to mount the controller in an akward place because it blocked too much of the radiator if it was mounted on top of the winch itself, but it will work just fine! I also took a page from Aaron's book and decided to not use a hook, but instead, chose to use a 3/4 shackle instead with a rope stopper from Comeup winch. Thanx Aaron!